Chilling/Heating Dry Baths for Automation
Compact design for single or multiple unit remote operation for robotic systems or on the bench using our MIC20 Remote Controller or a PC via the serial port and the RS232 I/O port on the units.
Be sure to visit ACCESSORIES to choose sample blocks.
The EchoTherm™ RIC20 Series was designed for use in robotic systems. As such, it is a small (165 mm x 120 mm), self contained unit that runs off 12 volts DC. Power is provided from a universal bench top power supply that takes 100VAC to 260VAC, 50/60Hz inputs and converts that to 12 volts DC for the RIC20 series. The unit comes with an RS232 cable for connecting it to a PC via any open serial port.
The Serial Command Set is provided with the unit. It gives the user the information needed to control any RIC20 Series unit. Any number of units can be connected to a PC using any of the available serial ports on the computer. After the RIC20 has been instructed to go to a temperature, the unit can be disconnected from the computer and the computer can be used to instruct another RIC20 using the same serial port on the computer. The unit will retain its instructions when disconnected from the computer until told otherwise. As the unit heats or chills toward its target temperature, the LED on the unit will flash. When the flashing stops and the LED is constantly lit, the unit is stable at the target temperature.
If the user opts to run a complex temperature/time profile, the RIC20 can be instructed, via a computer and software generated by the user, to run the profile. In this case, the RIC20 unit will have to remain connected to the computer.
The RIC20 Series uses all the standard sample blocks listed below on the chilling/heating surface. Surface size is 2.875” (73 mm) x 4.375” (111 mm). Custom blocks are available on special order for any sample container.
Products included: EchoTherm™ RIC20, EchoTherm™ RIC20XT, EchoTherm™ RIC20XR
- Compact size: 6.5”(165 mm) side to side x 4.75”(120 mm) front to back x 4.0” (102 mm) tall without sample block
- Peltier based for chilling and heating
- Temperature ranges from -20ºC to 110ºC (without sample block)
- Temperature stability +/- 0.1ºC
- Settable to 0.1ºC
- Accurate to +/- 0.2ºC
- Temperature variation across blocks +/- 0.3ºC
- Platinum RTD temperature measurement system
- PID temperature control
- Set individual temperature and unplug computer for setting other units. Once set, units will hold set temperature indefinitely without computer connection
- Run complex temperature/time profiles using your computer and your programs
- 26 standard sample blocks
- Custom blocks made to fit any sample holder
- Sample blocks held in place by magnets or screws (screws are special order)
- Threaded holes on case bottom for mounting into systems
- Mounting brackets available for Tecan robots
- Universal bench top power supply provided with unit
- Serial interface manual provided
- 12-month warranty
- UL. CSA, and CE compliant
- Designed for use on robotic systems in multiples at different temperatures
- Bench top uses of single or multiple units at different temperatures:
- Enzyme reactions and deactivations
- Incubations in a variety of sample holders like centrifuge ti=ubes and vial of all sizes, 96-well, 384-well and 1536-well assay plate and PCR plates
- Holding samples at 4.0C
- Incubating samples for later analysis
Full Product Specifications
|Range (without block)||Varies by Model: -10ºC to 100ºC (RIC20); -10ºC to 110ºC (RIC20XR); -20ºC to 100ºC (RIC20XT)|
|Readable & Settable||0.1ºC|
|Sensor Type||Platinum RTD|
|Uniformity across the heater/chiller plate surface||0.3 C|
|Range||24 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds|
|Readable & Settable||1 second|
|Heater/Chiller Power||Varies by Model: 50 watts (RIC20); 100 watts (RIC20XR & RIC20XT)|
|Operating Voltages||100 to 260VAC, 50/60Hz inputs to universal power supply to provide 12 volts DC to the unit|