Digital Programmable Hot Plate
When you cannot be in two places at once, these equipment are ideal for complete walk-away heating applications.
Be sure to visit ACCESSORIES to choose a temperature probe.
These fully programmable digital hot plates are the most advanced and easy-to-use units available. In manual operation, simply select the parameter to be set and scroll to the value needed. The unit will do the rest. In the programmable mode, routines can be stored for instant recall and use. The stored routine will run automatically, without attention, and exactly the same time after time.
Programs can be simple or complex depending upon the need. Multiple temperatures, temperature ramp rates and timed events can be stored. When run, the unit monitors the program to be sure it runs exactly as written. Complete walk-away automation.
We offer two different heater top materials: ceramic glass and milled-flat cast aluminum:
- Ceramic glass tops have a maximum plate surface temperature of 450ºC. They heat and cool very quickly. They are designed for heating a solution in a vessel and are more chemically resistant to spills than an aluminum top.
- The aluminum tops have a maximum plate surface temperature of 450ºC. They are recommended for heating a solid on the heater plate surface. They have a better temperature distribution across the plate surface than the ceramic tops.
Includes the following product variants: EchoTherm™ HP40, EchoTherm™ HP40A, EchoTherm™ HP60, EchoTherm™ HP60A, EchoTherm™ HP61, EchoTherm™ HP61A
- 10-program memory stored in CMOS. No batteries required
- Each program can be 10 steps, where each step includes a temperature, time and heating rate
- Repeat any program 1–98 times automatically. Infinite repeats settable
- Programmable and non-programmable operation
- Platinum RTD temperature measurement for ±1% accuracy
- Solid ceramic heater top for quick heating on a flat, white, chemically resistant surface
- Milled-flat cast aluminum top available for use with solids on the plate surface
- Temperature ramping for exact heating and cooling rates
- PID temperature control to 1°C on plate surface or solution with probe
- Timer goes up to 99 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds with user settable Auto-Off
- Electronic calibration stored in CMOS
- RS232 interface for control or recording data on a computer
- Custom display of all parameters all the time
- 12-month warranty
- UL, CSA and CE compliant
- Removal of oxides from metallic powders
- Precise control of polymerization reactions in the preparation of glasses at precise temperatures
- Gas solubility in organic solvents
- Preparing metals for precision microscopic welding
- Acid bath removal of thin film optical coatings
- Modeling production run industrial processes
- Development of processes and materials for the semi-conductor industry
- Process control in the extraction of beryllium from ores
- Preparation of heat sensitive culture media
- Digestion of plant tissue samples for assay of organic elements
- Ring and ball testing
- General chemistry laboratory use where exact temperatures are needed
Full Product Specifications
|Memory capacity||10 programs|
|Individual Program Capacity||10 steps per program where one step is a temperature, ramp rate (if wanted) and time|
|Repeat a Program Automatically||1 to 98 times or infinitely|
|Platinum RTD||100 ohm at zero in plate and in probe|
|Temperature control type||PID|
|Temperature accuracy||1% ±|
|Temp stability||+/- 1°C|
|Heater power in watts||400 watts (HP60), 600 watts (HP40), 1400 watts (HP61)|
|Watts||400 watts (HP60), 600 Watts (HP40), 1400 watts (HP61)|
|VAC||115 VAC, 50/60 Hz (230 VAC available upon request)|
|Line Cord||Detachable, 6 foot (1.8 meter), three-wire grounded|